Ambersil Corrosion Inhibitor is principally designed for indoor use, but will also provide a degree of short-term protection to components stored outdoors. Also, it has a soft, flexible film, will not harden or crack, total protection assured. Will not stain or mark components.
Use on ferrous metals as a long-term protective coating for stored equipment, or as a transportation film for trans-global component shipping.
TECHNICAL DATA (WITHOUT PROPELLANT):
- Appearance: Opaque, brown liquid
- Protection against corrosion: Meets requirements of MIL-PRF-16173E (Class I, Grade 2)
- Water displacing: Passes IP 178, Method B
- Salt spray test: 250 Hours minimum protection (ASTM B117) @ 18 µm film thickness
- Film forming properties: A continuous, homogenous film remains after 20 minutes
- Solubility: Soluble in solvents, insoluble in water
- Flammability: Classified as extremely flammable under Current EC Regulations
- Flashpoint: Not applicable in sealed aerosol
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE:
The product may be stored at normal ambient temperatures and has a shelf life of not less than 6 years with correct storage. Aerosols should always be stored below 50°c, away from direct heat and naked flame.