AMS4 Silicone Grease provides a smooth, non-melting coating with a broad spectrum of applications. Meets military and aviation specifications.
- Electronics and Telecommunications: insulates high voltage parts against leaking and arcing; protects switch gear against oxidation; waterproofs components in damp or humid conditions.
- Transport: lubricates door strips, door runners and curtain side tracks; prevents freezing of locks; preserves seals against cracking and hardening.
- Aviation: seals exposed components against moisture ingress; helps to prevent ice build-up.
- Mechanical, Engineering and Production: lubricates slow running gears, metal to metal surfaces and other moving parts; assists assembly of tight fitting components (e.g. installation of cables through conduits); prevents seizing on connections and fittings; aids release of epoxy resin and other types of plastic moulding.
TECHNICAL DATA (WITHOUT PROPELLANT):
- Appearance: Cloudy white liquid
- Odour: Hydrocarbon solvent
- SG @ 25°C: 0.81
- Pressure @ 25°C: 3.4 Bar
- Discharge rate: 0.8 g/sec
- Temperature range: -50°C to +200°C
- Solubility Soluble in most solvents, insoluble in water
- Flammability: Classified as extremely flammable under current EC Regulations
- NLGI Grade: NLGI 3
- Specifications / Approvals: Formulated using grease which conforms to Def. Stan 68-69/1(Grease XG-250, NATO Code S-736) and to MIL-S-8660B, Nato Stock No. 5970-99- 224-4975, Service Management Code. RAF-34B
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE:
The product may be stored at normal ambient temperatures and has a shelf life of not less than 6 years with correct storage. Aerosols should always be stored below 50°C, away from direct heat and naked flame.