Red Box GPUs are specifically designed for heavy duty starting of turbine and turbo prop aircraft. This unit provides 100 amps of continuous power at 28.5 volts DC. For use at fixed bases or on remote stations, these units can operate in extremes of temperature and their power cells have excellent standby characteristics and do not need cycling. The essentially dry lead acid batteries are maintenance free and are replaceable on condition. The TC3000A/100-4 includes a 50 amps, 28.5 volt power supply with a charger installed within the GPU. This can also be used to provide continuous filtered power for general workshop use, pre flight checks, avionics work, weapons systems checks or to recharge the internal batteries of the unit.Supplied ready to use out of the box, all units are complete with a heavy duty aircraft cable fitted with a 3 pin NATO connector and a suitable mains lead. These units, due to their high power, are normally 220 volt 50/60Hz input, but other options are available upon request.
All TC3000 units feature a digital microprocessor control system which monitors several parameters and displays the voltage, current and system status. This also monitors and controls the voltage output and the automatic charging of the batteries.
Red Box Features
- High capacity
- Max amps 3500 (Nom. short circut current)
- 5200 (Max. short circuit current)
- Capacity 76 Amp Hrs @ 10 Hr rate
- Max Start Voltage 26V DC
- Continuous voltage 28.5v DC
- Continuous power 100 amps
- Combination Start and Continuous Power
- 100 Continuous AMPS
- 3 meter Lead
- High capacity heavy-duty engine starting of, aircraft and helicopters
- Lightweight portable start power at remote locations
- Lightweight continuous DC power for Maintenance
- Start power and continuous power
- Tough and compact
- Maintenance free cells
- No memory effect
- High charge retention cells
- Long shelf life
- Fast recharge
- No cycling
- Leak proof cells
- Weight: 115kg
- Dimensions: (L) 950 x (W) 800 x (H) 770 mm
- Cells replaceable on condition.
- Over Voltage
- Over Current
- Short Circuit
- 30mA RCD
- Thermal Management.