The result of the high degree of digitalisation of the KRT2 is not only high frequency stability and channel separation, but also crystal-clear communication.
As a stand-alone transceiver for sport or ultralight aircraft, gliders and balloons or as a backup transceiver for larger aircraft (over 5,7t MTOW), the KRT2 makes radio communication a pleasure on all channels (depending on the quality of the connected headset and remote).
The advantages at a glance
- Very high frequency stability and channel separation - under all operating conditions
- Spectacular low weight of just 360 grams - ideal for gliders and ultralights
- Compact dimensions - for easy and flexible installation
- Minimized power consumption - optimized for battery operation in gliders and balloons
- Crystal-clear voice transmission - for perfect communication
- Large, high-contrast, long-life TFT colour display for excellent readability - even in direct sunlight
- Intuitive controls - developed by pilots for pilots
- Outstanding price/performance ratio - Made in Germany
Functionality at its best
In addition to its high-end design, the KRT2 impresses with many characteristics, which raise radio communication in the cockpit to a high level and open the way to functional extensions in the future.
- Dual watch technology: Beside the main frequency, it is also possible to listen to a second frequency - with adjustable tone and volume control.
- Speech controlled intercom: Two headsets or loudspeakers with microphones (standard or dynamic) can be connected with the optionally available cable harness
- 100 freely assignable frequency memories with 8-character, plain-text display: saves the re-entry of often used frequencies
- Automatic squelch function: the threshold can be adjusted manually
- Additional AF input: can be used, for example, for warning messages from anti-collision systems (Flarm, ADS-B)
- Future-proof multi-functionality: through the possibility of firmware upgrades
The KRT2 is available in three models. In addition to the standard version for mounting in a 57-mm round slot
With its small housing length, it is easy to install, even in cockpits with confined space.
For mobile use, e.g. ballooning, the radio transceiver is also available as a portable station - ideally in combination with the KTX2 Model-S transponder.
Standard: 146.5 x 63.5 x 62 mm, Ø57 mm slot
- Type: 8.33 / 25 kHz VHF radio transceiver, 118,000 - 136,975 MHz, 2278 channels
- Frequency precision: ±5 ppm
- Approvals ETSO-2C169a / TSO-C169a
- Transmitter: EUROCAE ED-23C Class 4, 6, RTCA DO-186B Class 4, 6
- Receiver: EUROCAE ED-23C Class C-D-E-H1/2, RTCA DO-186B Class C-D-E
- Compatibility EUROCAE ED-23C, RTCA DO-186B, RTCA DO-160F, RTCA DO-178B Software Level D
- Operating voltage 9 - 33 V DC
- Power consumption (@12 V) Standby: 1 - 1.4 W (depending on display brightness settings)Transmit: 17 - 30 W (depending on modulation level)
- Transmitted power 6 W @ = 13.5 V
- Loudspeaker output =10 W in 4 O
- Operating temperature -15°C ... +55°C
- Weight 360 g
- Max. operating altitude 35,000 ft
- Dimensions 146,5 x 63,5 x 62 mm (standard)