- The AIRMAN 8 offers a range of innovative new features for increased comfort, durability and ease-of-use:
- ANR reduces fatigue and improves intelligibility
- Soft headband pad and lightweight design provides comfort, even on long flights
- Strong stainless steel headband with metal pivots improves durability for long headset life
- New yoke design provides three axis adjustments and durability improvements
- Comfortable leatherette ear cushions and replaceable ear cup covers are included
- The AIRMAN 8 meets the highest commercial aviation standards:
- Improved ANR and microphone noise cancellation ensures superior in-flight communication
- Innovative technology eliminates the need for batteries or special connections
- Fully FAA TSO C-139a compliant
- Fully compliant to ARINC standards
- Acoustic limiter protects against sudden increases in sound level
- Clear voice transmission with high-quality amplified electret microphone
- Three-year warranty
The Airman 8 features a high-quality amplified electret microphone for clear voice transmission. Improved ANR and microphone noise cancellation ensures superior in-flight communication.
Active Noise Reduction
The Airman 8 headset features enhanced ANR (Active Noise Reduction) with even more noise reduction, helping to improve intelligibility and reduce fatigue. The position of the ANR switch has also moved to the forward-facing ear cup side, making it easier to reach the switch without having to remove the headset. A unique feature of the Airman 8 is that it is powered from its microphone system, eliminating the need for batteries or special connectors.
A strong stainless steel headband with metal pivots improves durability for long headset life. The new microphone boom design provides stronger rotation stops, utilizing the full diameter of the ear cup. Furthermore, a pre-coiled overhead cord has been added to extend the useful life of the headset. The main headset cord is also more robust and features an improved design of the band relief on the ear cup entrance.
Comfort and Fit
The soft headband pad and lightweight design provides comfort, even on long flights. An added yoke provides enhanced comfort by allowing ear cup movement in all directions. Furthermore the Airman 8 comes with replaceable ear cup covers and leatherette ear cushions.
An acoustic limiter protects users against sudden increases in sound levels
FAA TSO Approval
The Airman 8 headset is fully FAA TSO C-139a compliant.ARINC standards
The Airman 8 is fully compliant to ARINC (Aeronautical Radio, Incorporated) requirements.