These pilots will testify that Bigatmo Tropo sunglasses work superbly in high contrast environments and are specially designed to remain comfortable for many hours whilst wearing a headset. When you are out and about the lenses will adjust automatically as you move between bright and shaded environments. This acts like suspension for your eyes and keeps them really relaxed.
We use flight deck testing and pilot feedback throughout our on-going development process. As technology moves on, so do we. Designed and developed in conjunction with some of the most influential companies in the optical world and with access to technologies at the forefront of the industry, Bigatmo produce lenses that take care of problematic high contrast environments allowing your eyes to relax, reducing eye fatigue and remain comfortable for many hours even under a headset.
Alutra Photochromic lenses are optimised for high contrast environments, such as flying and driving, where it can be extremely bright outside but where instrumentation is in deep shade. The photochromic element is activated by UV light and so rarely activates on an airliner flight deck due to the thick windscreens. UV penetration into other cockpits and car interiors depends on the screen material and the sun-lenses will activate and adjust accordingly.
- All our lenses are made from NXT. They are light-weight, incredibly strong and have superb optical qualities
- Our bespoke photochromic Alutra lens has been optimised to deal with high contrast conditions such as the flight deck of an aeroplane or whilst driving a car.
- The high speed lens is the fastest on the market to deal with changing light conditions so your eyes feel permanently relaxed.
- The photochromic material is intergraded into the core of the NXT lens and cannot wear off.
- Our lenses provide true colour perception, important when reading instruments on the flight-deck of an aircraft.
A great deal of thought has gone into every element of our frame design which means that you can comfortably wear your Bigatmo's for many hours even under a headset.
- Adjustable soft silicone nose pads.
- Slim adjustable temples.
- Pure titanium is used in the rims and all parts of the frame where rigidity is important. It's ultra-lightweight, very strong, extremely workable, corrosion resistant, hypo-allergenic and has a beautiful natural finish.
- Beta-titanium, a titanium alloy, is used primarily for the 'temples' of our frames. Its spring properties apply just enough pressure against the side of the head to keep the frames securely in place.
- Weight of just 20g.
- Every Bigatmo frame is hand polished and hand finished, making each one unique.