In this detailed look at the Fokker 100 you join the Chief Pilot (Fokker fleet), Captain Ian Lawrie and First Officer Euan McLean. Your journey begins at East Midlands International Airport (EGNX), in the crew dispatch office for pre-flight preparations where Ian and Euan begin with a detailed briefing for the flight.Next we join Ian at our aircraft (G-BXWE) for a guided tour of the externals of the aircraft. We then move on to the flightdeck for the round trip to Nice Cote D'Azur Airport (LFMN) in Southern France. We depart EGNX using runway 27 and during our outbound sector (BD289) Ian is Pilot Flying and gives you lots of information regarding the aircraft, systems and operation.Follow the manual landing into Nice using runway 04L. On our return sector (BD290) Euan is Pilot Flying for a zero flap take-off from LFMN runway 04R. Ian describes in detail the Navigation Log and fuel calculations and Euan takes you through the overhead panel in detail. We'll then settle into the descent for a Cat IIIa Autoland into East Midlands runway 27. During the flight you will not only see just how the aircraft is flown but will be able to follow Air Traffic Control, see the briefings and the checklists and procedures carried out in the cockpit on a scheduled airline flight.Digital Stereo Audio - Experience stereo audio of the highest quality. All the audio for the Platinum Collection programmes is recorded using the latest digital audio recorders to bring you crystal clear audio enjoyment.Digital Video
- The Platinum Collection range of programmes are all shot on digital video tape to ensure the highest quality pictures available. ITVV have always been at the forefront of modern technology to bring you the very best in quality aviation viewing.Digital Editing
- The Platinum Collection are all edited "in-house" using ITVV's own digital edit facilities, like-minded aviation enthusiasts and professionals which brings the added advantage of been able to take time to ensure you get to see what is of real interest and on DVD jump right to the part you want instantly!Multi-Camera Shoot
- Every programme in this range has been recorded using a minimum of six, full broadcast, digital cameras to ensure the very best in viewing. By utilising so many cameras we are able to bring you the variety of shoots that you would expect from an ITVV programme - the next best thing to being there!Air Traffic Control
- Listen into the air traffic control at the most important phases of our flights - again using digital audio you can hear the actual audio that the pilots themselves hear.Join the flightdeck crew - By bringing you this wide variety of pictures along with stereo audio you will feel as though you are actually a part of the flightdeck crew! Witness the tension as the aircraft is rolling down the runway or on the approach into land.
- Format: All Regions - PAL
- Running Time: 167 Minutes
- April 2014