The Bose ProFlight Series 2 Aviation Headset builds upon the features and technology brought to market with the original Bose ProFlight. ProFlight Series 2 remains the industry’s smallest, quietest and most comfortable active noise cancelling aviation headset and is Bose’s most innovative aviation headset yet.
Bose developed the ProFlight Series 2 to meet the specific needs of professional pilots who fly moderately noisy, pressurized, turbine-powered aircraft. It incorporates more than 30 U.S. utility and design patents and offers many features designed for the way professional pilots fly. Refinements to ProFlight Series 2 include a thinner, lighter and more flexible cable, and the addition of winglets on the mic boom to assist in correct mic alignment and adjustment. The tap control for talk-through communication function has been updated to reduce chances of inadvertent activation and provide improved talk-through audio response, and a non-Bluetooth® product option is now available. Finally, the carrying case has been improved to aid in faster storage and transportation.
The uniquely comfortable and stable design of the ProFlight Series 2 weighs just 4.5 ounces (128 grams) on-head – light enough to remain comfortable even on the longest flights. The headset also features three user selectable modes of active noise cancellation, active equalization, a noise cancelling microphone and full-function Bluetooth connectivity. The ProFlight Series 2 is FAA TSO and E/TSO-C139a certified, meets all applicable ARINC standards and is available with four different plug configurations.
Link to BOSE Professional pilot Program for Airline/Instructor Pilots.
Pilot Friendly Features and Benefits:
- New 4.5 ounce (128 gram) on-head weight. For enhanced comfort during extended use.
- Thin, flexible cable. Allows improved freedom of movement and easy storage.
- Digital active noise cancellation. Reduces ambient noise, allowing users to lower radio volume.
- User selectable noise cancellation. Customize noise reduction according to personal preference.
- FAA TSO and E/TSO-C139a certified.
- Long term durability. Designed and tested for demanding cockpit environments.
- Optimized audio. Active equalization clarifies incoming audio.
- Updated tap control for talk-through communication. Double tap either earbud to optimize audio for communication outside of the intercom.
- Bluetooth connectivity. Full-function Bluetooth for connections to phone, tablet or EFBs.
- Bluetooth prioritization. Control how Bluetooth audio interacts with the intercom system.
- New, non-Bluetooth headset variant now available.
- Multiple plug types. Available with twin plug, 5 pin XLR, 7 pin XLR or 6 pin LEMO plug configurations.
- Automatic shutoff. Powers down automatically when not in use.
- Quick-release, side swappable mic and cable. Attach on either side – no tools required.
- Easily adjustable mic. New mic winglets allow for precise mic and boom adjustments.
- Exceptional battery life. Two AA batteries power 45+ hours of use with Bluetooth off and at least 25 hours with Bluetooth on.
- Replaceable silicone StayHear+ tips. Easily removed and replaced without tools.
- Available custom molded ear tips. For purchase through Bose authorized partners.
- Bypass communications mode. Provides primary intercom audio with or without power.
- Bose Connect app. Control Bluetooth functions with the continuously updated and improved Bose app.
- Five-year limited warranty with acclaimed service. Worldwide coverage.
- Improved carry case. Simplified interior for easier storage. New strap and carabiner for easier transport.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- ProFlight Aviation Headset
- Carry case
- Two AA batteries
- Control module holder
- Three sizes of StayHear+ Sport tips (S, M, L)
- 6 pin LEMO plug aircraft connector