Appropriate additives are included to achieve the necessary oxidation and corrosion resistance, anti-wear properties and load carrying properties. The useful operating temperature range is -65°C to +204°C.
AeroShell Grease 22 is especially recommended for use wherever severe operating conditions are encountered as in high bearing loads, high speeds, wide operating temperature range, and particularly where long grease retention and high resistance to water washout are required.
The wide range of applications include aircraft wheel bearings, engine accessories, control systems, actuators, screw-jacks, servo mechanisms and electric motors, helicopter rotor bearings, instruments, airframe lubrication, hinge pins, static joints, landing gears. AeroShell Grease 22 contains a synthetic hydrocarbon oil and should not be used in contact with incompatible seal materials.
- U.S. Approved MIL-PRF-81322F
- NLGI Grade 2 Approved DOD-G-24508A
- British Approved DEF STAN 91-52
- French Approved DCSEA 395/A
- Russian Analogue of CIATIM 201 and 203, VNII NP 207, ERA (VNII NP 286M) and ST (NK-50)
- NATO Code G-395
- Joint Service Designation XG-293