MINIMUM ORDER 20 CASES
Turbine Oil 555 is an advanced 5 mm2/s synthetic hindered ester oil incorporating a finely balanced blend of additives to improve thermal and oxidation stability and to increase the load carrying ability of the base oil. With the need to transmit more power and higher loads through helicopter transmission and gearbox systems it has become apparent that the use of a very good load carrying oil, such as AeroShell Turbine Oil 555 is necessary. This in turn has led to the development of a U.S. Military Specification, DOD-L-85734 which covers a helicopter transmission oil against which Turbine Oil 555 is fully approved.
Aeroshell Turbine Oil 555 Specifications:
- U.S. Approved DOD-L-85734
- British Approved DEF STAN 91-100
Note: both UK and US production are manufactured to the same formulation.
- NATO Code O-160
- Joint Service Designation OX-26
- Pratt & Whitney Approved 521C Type II
- General Electric Approved D-50 TF 1
- Allison Approved EMS-53 (Obsolete)